Woohoo! We're on Top Mommy Blogs! Please click on the banner to vote for us...and thanks.

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Giving thanks...

In the past week, I've had many opportunities to count my blessings. Here are just a few of the things I'm thankful for:
  • Four years ago, I spent Thanksgiving weekend in a state of panic, redoing our adoption dossier and wondering if we would be allowed to adopt our last 2 boys...so thankful that turned out well and I never have to go through it again!
  •  This time last year, we began to struggle with mental health challenges with one of our boys. The experience rocked us all and made us wonder if we'd ever see a "normal" family anything again. So thankful our boy is stabilized and we're all in a much better place now.
  • This year, we had no earth-shaking crises, trials or tribulations...yay, us!
  • We spent Thanksgiving Day cooking, watching the Macy's parade, and enjoying all 5 of our kids.
  • It was a "normal" family holiday, maybe even a little boring by evening.
  • Given our past years of drama and angst, I really love normal and boring these days.
  • I had flashbacks all day of other Thanksgivings, some good, some bad, some ugly.
  • Did I mention I'm grateful for normal and boring? Because I am...I really, really am.


Aniyar entertained us by showing us how to make a hand turkey!

Madiyar uncapped some sparkling apple cider for our celebration.
Thanksgiving dinner 2012...and all of us were at the table!

1 comment:

Marissa said...

oh my goodness, the cute little boys look like handsome young men! good job, mama bear!!!