- Four years ago, I spent Thanksgiving weekend in a state of panic, redoing our adoption dossier and wondering if we would be allowed to adopt our last 2 boys...so thankful that turned out well and I never have to go through it again!
- This time last year, we began to struggle with mental health challenges with one of our boys. The experience rocked us all and made us wonder if we'd ever see a "normal" family anything again. So thankful our boy is stabilized and we're all in a much better place now.
- This year, we had no earth-shaking crises, trials or tribulations...yay, us!
- We spent Thanksgiving Day cooking, watching the Macy's parade, and enjoying all 5 of our kids.
- It was a "normal" family holiday, maybe even a little boring by evening.
- Given our past years of drama and angst, I really love normal and boring these days.
- I had flashbacks all day of other Thanksgivings, some good, some bad, some ugly.
- Did I mention I'm grateful for normal and boring? Because I am...I really, really am.
|Aniyar entertained us by showing us how to make a hand turkey!|
|Madiyar uncapped some sparkling apple cider for our celebration.|