Woohoo! We're on Top Mommy Blogs! Please click on the banner to vote for us...and thanks.

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Newsflash! Risley-Schoelles family survives alien abduction, returns to Earth after month-long absence.

Well, this is as good an excuse as any for my lack of blog posts recently. Stay tuned, dear readers...we've been having adventures of all shapes and sizes and I promise I'll post pics and stories soon. In the meantime, here are a few highlights:

We went on a wonderful vacation in April to Pennsylvania...and I'm thinking about becoming Amish...love the idea of a horse and buggy, wouldn't miss the videogames and TV, like the idea of a much less "wordly" life that includes lots of chores for the youngins. The kids are very afraid...

Mother's Day was fabuloso...I have 5 great kids who made it very special...and a saint of a husband who made sure I got breakfast in bed without injury, fire, or bloodshed among our cherubs.

Oooooh, the house is a mess...at present, I have no sink or working oven and power tools in my kitchen...my dishes and cooking utensils now live in the office or the basement...and I'm fine with it! Since it appears moving is out of the question, we're fixing up what we have here. My new and improved kitchen is in progress...it's going to be much more functional with extra cabinets and countertop...not to mention gorgeous.

We filed our income taxes yesterday...no, we weren't late. Massachusetts residents who were in flood-damaged counties got an extra month to file federal and state returns. Yesterday was the last day...OK, I was a bit slow in getting around to Uncle Sam this year...can you say procrastination? At least it's done and we're getting a refund. All's well that ends well, right?

More soon, I promise!

No comments: