Woohoo! We're on Top Mommy Blogs! Please click on the banner to vote for us...and thanks.

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A New Record...

Multiply by 5, then shoot me.
I have 5 kids who are normally pretty healthy...but like most kids, sometimes they get sick. This winter, we've had some form of cold, stomach bug, sore throat, earache, yadayada circulating around our house a fair amount of the time. It's not uncommon for one of the cherubs to miss a day of school or for the school nurse to call me to pick up a sick kid...but in all my years as a mom, I've never had more than one kid home sick at a time. Until yesterday.

Aniyar went down first over the weekend; he had a bad cold, then a fever, voluntarily went to bed early Sunday night and I knew he probably wouldn't go to school on Monday. I found Madiyar in bed a short time later...and he never goes to bed early. He was running a fever by morning. Tanya made it downstairs for breakfast but she was coughing, sneezing, and spiking a fever...sigh. Kate didn't even make it out of bed before I declared her unfit for duty after checking her temp. Max was the last man standing; he was dressed and ready for school, telling me he didn't want to spoil his perfect attendance record. Of course, he was swaying on his feet, coughing and sneezing enough to be an epidemic waiting to happen to his school...and his ear was killing him. Ear infection??? Back to bed, mister.

OK, that's five for five. I mean what are the odds? I wish my luck with the lottery was this good.

1 comment:

Anne Birdsong said...

Motrin for them, wine for you ....