I got a package in the mail yesterday. It's a box of Jelly Belly candies, a very nice assortment that the kids (now mostly recovered from last week's record-breaking plague) were ready to devour the second the package was opened. It was a nice surprise...and I do mean surprise...because I have no idea who they're from. The package was addressed to me but had no card to tell me who sent it. It came from a company here in Massachusetts but that's all I know. I could call and ask the company who sent the gift...but I like mysteries and would rather figure out who my “secret Valentine” is on my own.
My kids are also having fun speculating on who sent the treat:
- Tanya thinks that Mom has a boyfriend and is wondering why Dad isn't jealous.
- Don't worry, honey...these days, my idea of excitement is a good night's sleep
- Dad's not the jealous type...and he's sure not going to lose a good night's sleep over Jelly Bellies
- Max thinks I've been chosen by the company for free samples of candy for life...
- Note to self...explain the expression "There's no such thing as a free lunch" to Max.
- Kate has searched the packaging for clues and speculated on possible suspects.
- Ever the analytical girl, she's running an investigation that would make NCIS proud.
- Madiyar was sure Grandma sent it from Florida
- All things sweet must come from Grandma's store,
- Well, it is pretty awesome...The Coffee Mill, http://www.coffeemill.biz/.
- Aniyar just wants to know how many Jelly Bellies he can eat.
- Who the heck cares where it came from? It's sugar, let's just eat it!
Can anyone out there give us a clue who to thank? It was very sweet of you! (OK, I know that was cheesy but I couldn't resist...)