Woohoo! We're on Top Mommy Blogs! Please click on the banner to vote for us...and thanks.

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Rodent Day!


My youngest came home yesterday from school and proudly told me that he learned something new. His teacher told him about an American holiday that would be celebrated on February 2. He asked if I was familiar with this strange tradition where an animal sees his shadow and predicts the weather.

"You know it, Mom? It's...how you call it??? Ahh, I remember now!! It's Beaver Day!"

My boy and his quirky memory can sure make me smile...but really, why should the groundhog have all the fun? Maybe it's time for a new weather-prognosticating rodent to have a turn. This guy is sleek, shiny, and ready for his close-up. Look out, Punxsutawney Phil!

No comments: