Woohoo! We're on Top Mommy Blogs! Please click on the banner to vote for us...and thanks.

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

My DH is MIA

My husband has been on a business trip all week which makes appreciate him all the more. Here's just a little of what I'm missing:
  • My morning life-giving latte which he brings to my bedside each morning. (Yes, I'm spoiled.)
  • The extra hour of sleep I usually get because he gets up at 5:30 to feed the dogs, make the coffee, and get our youngest out of bed. (Definitely spoiled.)
  • The way he waits for the bus with our youngest each morning so I can be getting breakfast for the rest of the kids. (He's a good Dad.)
  • The vitamins he gives me each and every day. (I suspect he does this out of self-defense, hoping I won't sicken and die, leaving him alone with the children.)
  • His role as technical support guru for our family. (If anything electronic  breaks this week, it stays broken until the IT guy returns.)
  • Our nightly family dinner! (I'm feeding the kids earlier than normal and allowing them to eat in shifts to accommodate our schedule of parent-teacher conferences, softball games, etc. I like it better when we're all seated at our crazy and chaotic dinner table together.)
  • The laughter we share every day...and the fact that we share the struggles, too.
  • His touch, his kiss, his....oops, sorry, the teenagers are yelling, "Mom! Ewwww, gross! TMI!!!". I'll stop now.
Come home soon, sweetie. We miss you!

No comments: