Woohoo! We're on Top Mommy Blogs! Please click on the banner to vote for us...and thanks.

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Not Judgment Day

    Rapture followers
    Followers of Harold Camping's Family Radio religious group spread the message of doom in Manhattan. Photograph: Emmanuel Dunand/AFP      
    No earthquakes, no rapture, just a pretty normal Saturday where I took my kids to the doctor, then shopping at the mall. The spring semi-formal is next week and if the world in fact did not end, my kids needed party clothes. When we were coming home as our local deadline approached, my oldest son mused, "We'll be dead in 20 minutes!" Well, we made it home, no earthquakes, no ascending to the heavens either. Guess it's a good thing I got the shopping done since life seems to be proceeding as usual here.
    Harold Camping spent 100 million dollars on this, his heartfelt belief...and I do think he believed he was right. Even so, it breaks my heart to think of how many kids in orphanages could have been given a better life with that money. In my humble opinion, helping kids in need would be a far better legacy.

1 comment:

Bogarantyú said...

I was just discussing with this with my colleagues during coffee break. Supposing that the whole Rapture theology is not Biblically unfounded, what if it did happen, just G-d didn't find anyone to rapture?