Woohoo! We're on Top Mommy Blogs! Please click on the banner to vote for us...and thanks.

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Missing monkey...

We returned home from our travels yesterday with 5 kids in our minivan...but they weren't exactly the same 5 we started out with. We ended our vacation with an overnight stay in Pennsylvania with friends who also have kids from Kazakhstan; we had a lovely visit with Anne, Fred, and their 6 kids before heading back to Massachusetts. To make things even more interesting, we brought Madiyar's best friend James home with us and left our Tanya in Pennsylvania to visit with the Giberson girls. The plan is to let the kids all hang out for a couple of weeks and then switch them around again...a good way for our kids to maintain ties to friends and to their culture as well as giving them new experiences. It's good for everyone...except for one little thing.

I miss my baby girl! 
She's never been away from us for this long since we adopted her over 7 years ago. Sniff sniff...I don't think  she's I'm ready for this after all. I miss my sassy/sweet monkey. I miss her jokes, her hugs, and her beautiful smile. I miss her funny faces...


and her mad skills at Guitar Hero...

and I'm not the only one...there's a big sister here in Massachusetts who wants her baby sis home again. There's no one to play with in a house now decidedly full of boys...outnumbered 4 to 1 and no one to do makeovers with...sigh.



 We know you're having fun, monkey...but we can't wait to have you home again!

Love, Mom, Dad, Kate...and don't worry, the boys will miss you, too, just as soon as they take a break from video games...

No comments: