Woohoo! We're on Top Mommy Blogs! Please click on the banner to vote for us...and thanks.

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Yes, we really are in Florida!

We're on vacation in the very hot Sunshine state after a trip down on the auto train. It's in the 90's with a heat index of about 110 degrees. We're staying with family, some of us at Craig's mom's house and some of us at at my mom's place. It's not a perfect arrangement but it is cost effective. Every day is an adventure, some better than others with 5 kids and 2 parents tooling around in our aging mini-van...here's an example of the drama in our lives. This was shot at noon time just the other day:


Yes, I know the video is sideways but I can't for the life of me get it rotated. My advice is to tilt your head to the left and enjoy. Too much time in a van with 6 other people + 100 degree heat + hunger pangs = a big glass of teenage whine from the drama queen.

Aniyar and Madiyar at the touch tank
When we finished whining (after lunch), we visited the Marine Science Aquarium....saw dolphins, sea otters, turtles and sharks and touched all kinds of sea critters. Some of us were braver than others. Some of us were afraid of the itty bitty crab and needed several tries before touching it. Wondering who I mean? I'll let you guess...but he's wearing a sleeveless white t-shirt.

No comments: